- Entries will open at 8pm on Friday March 24th. As usual it will more than likely sell out very quickly. Entry will remain at €30 and to qualify for your T-Shirt you will need to complete 4 legs.
- Enter online here when entry opens.
Ensure that you are already registered with Active.com as that process alone can be time consuming and may result in you not getting entered in time via this mechanism.
- Note - Start time of first race is 7:30!
- Andrew Tablot from Clare River Harriers is the new man in charge for the 2017s.
- We’ll kick off in Galway city, at the racecourse, this time, and finish up in Athenry.
- One notable change is that this year Tuam will not be hosting a leg this year due to roadworks on their route. Caltra will be taking their leg for this year.
About the race series
The County Galway 5km series, sponsored by Bradley Renault, is an initative of the Galway Athletic Clubs. Over 6 Tuesday nights, a 5km race is organised by one of the athletic clubs across the county. The format is simple - one race number covers the entire series. No prizes are awarded, but anyone who completes 4 of the 6 races gets a souvenir race t-shirt. After the last race, a social night is organised by the final host club.
The series has exploded in popularity over the years, to the point where entry sells out in a matter of minutes.
All proceed of the 5k series goes to fund juvenile and adult athletics in Galway.
Please car pool to venues - parking is strictly limited at all venues!
Galway City show map
Race HQ: Galway Racecourse
Caltra show map
Race HQ: Caltra
Craughwell show map
Race HQ: Community Hall
Loughrea show map
Race HQ: Gaelscoil Riabhach
Claregalway show map
Race HQ: Claregalway Corporate Park, Oranmore Rd
Athenry show map
Race HQ: Athenry Primary Care Medical Centre